2015 was a big year for Aroostook Aspirations Initiative. We:
- Added 20 new Gauvin Scholars to our roster.
- Began designing a comprehensive internship program to help place students looking to gain professional work experience in Aroostook County.
- Hosted several events, including the Reverse Career Fair, Hosted several events: Reverse Career Fair, SHANTE weekend for 1st year Gauvin Scholars, AWESOME weekend for 2nd year Gauvin Scholars, and our annual Night With the Stars gala. AND
- Welcomed an Americorps VISTA to our office whose focus is on creating Community Action Teams that will help engage the younger population of Aroostook County in their communities.
So what will 2016 look like for AAI? We are gearing up to have an even bigger year than last!
- Gauvin Scholars: In May we will be selecting at least 20 new Gauvin Scholars to be a part of our program for a total of 50 Gauvin Scholars. Veterans of our program will be connected with mentors who will guide them as they move to the professional world.
- Internship Hub of Aroostook: Our Internship Hub of Aroostook has just launched its first round of customized internships that are designed to help Aroostook County employers best utilize an intern, while also meeting the educational and professional development needs of the student.
- County Service Challenge: The County Service Challenge (CSC) is a community service event taking place in all over Aroostook County. Participants register for the event and sign up to volunteer at the project site of their choice. On the day of the event, volunteers will get a T-shirt, lunch, and will work together to complete the service projects. Stay tuned for more information about the County Service Challenge!
- Entrepreneurial Training: If you or someone you know is looking to become an entrepreneur, than don’t miss this 2 day training event! Various experts in business related fields will talk about themes such as: business models, budgeting, advertising, and web development. Sign up for 1 day or both,
- In addition to these programs and events, we are also continuing to work closely with the Community Action Teams, creating our new Scholar Trainings, hosting our 2nd annual Reverse Career Fair, and are planning our 3rd annual Night with the Stars gala which is set to take place in September.
Anyone interested in participating or being involved in any of our programs or events should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (207)760-0558.